The Water Use Advisory Council advises the Department of Environmental Quality, Department of Natural Resources, and Department of Agriculture and Rural Development on the State’s Water Use Program, which includes the following major elements: Great Lakes Compact; water withdrawal; and water use conflict. The appointments are as follows;
- Michael Gallagher, of Richland, the president of the Michigan Lakes and Streams Association, was appointed to succeed William Scott Brown to represent Statewide Riparian Landowners Association for a term expiring Feb. 26, 2023.
- David Hamilton, of Haslett, the senior policy director for The Nature Conservancy, was appointed to represent Statewide Conservation Organizations for a term expiring Feb. 26, 2023.
- James Nicholas, of Mason, owner and operator of Nicholas-h2o, was appointed to represent professional hydrologists and hydrogeologists, as defined in section 32706c, with hydrogeology field experience for a term expiring Feb. 26, 2023
- Frank Ettawageshik, of Harbor Springs, the executive director of the United Tribes of Michigan, was reappointed to represent tribes for a term expiring Feb. 26, 2023
- Patrick Staskiewiczs, of Grand Haven, the director of public utilities with the Ottawa County Road Commission, was reappointed to represent municipal water suppliers for a term expiring Feb. 26, 2023.
These appointments are not subject to advice and consent of the Senate.