Michigan health officials announce new, more stringent COVID-19 restrictions as they update the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Order last issued Oct. 9th.
New MDHHS Order Updates Include:
- No more than 50 people at indoor gatherings without fixed seating.
- No more than 6 people at seated tables at bars, restaurants, and indoor non-residential gatherings.
- Restaurants and bars must collect phone numbers to customers to support contract tracing.
- The entire state moves into phase 4, including the Traverse City Region.
- Schedule of fines and enforcement mechanism established.
This order is effective immediately, except for the dining establishment record keeping piece which takes effect on November 2, 2020. This order remains in effect until rescinded.