Six state department heads will discuss on Friday Michigan’s goal of reaching carbon neutrality by the year 2050 as ordered by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer under Executive Order 2020-182 and Executive Directive 2020-10.
Each panelist will give a short summary of what their agency is doing to move Michigan toward carbon neutrality and the transition to a more sustainable future, followed by an open question-and-answer discussion with journalists.
Although the discussion is limited to working journalists, the event will be recorded and posted publicly afterwards.
- Liesl Clark, director, Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy
- Dan Eichinger, director, Department of Natural Resources
- Rachael Eubanks, state treasurer
- Joneigh Khaldun, chief medical executive, Department of Health and Human Services
- Dan Scripps, chair, Michigan Public Service Commission
- Brom Stibitz, acting director, Department of Technology, Management and Budget
- What: Press availability. Questions and discussion will be limited to working journalists.
- When: 10 a.m., Friday, Sept. 25, 2020
MOGA will post the recording of this event as soon as it becomes available.